Wonder what to do with those white radishes? We have delicious yet very simple recipe for you!
Simpe White Radish Salad
This simple white radish salad is a fast thing to prepare, it tastes surprisingly mild and goes well with a hearty meal. In Germany we often just have it with a nice buttered bread 🙂 Otherwise it can go will with meat dishes, baked/roasted potatoes and also vegetable patties.
500-600 gms white radish
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp white vinegear
1 tbsp vegetable oil, sunflower or olive oil
250 gms of sourcream, yoghurt or thick mala
herbs like parsley, dhania, chives or lovage for decoration & taste
- Wash the radishes well, peel if you wish. Please note a lot of the good stuff in terms of nutrition is right under the skin – but also a lot of the bad stuff in terms of pesticide residue. Our radishes are organically grown without the use of any pesticides – so its good to eat without peeling. After this grate them – you can use a hand grater or a kitchen aid.
- Mix with the salt and let it sit for at least 15 minutes. After that squeeze the radish to remove any excess liquid.
- Prepare the dressing – squeeze the garlic, mix with pepper, oil and yoghurt/mala/sourcream
- Mix dressing and grated radish. The salad is ready to eat but it gets only better if allowed to soak.
- Cut your herbs just before serving and mix with your salad. Enjoy!