Ideal dressing for field salad and rapunzel lettuce or other hearty lettuce combinations
Honey Mustard Dressing
Honey Mustard Dressing goes well with hearty salads like field salad also called rapunzel lettuce, rocket, mizuna greens or any combination of the rather tasteless green lettuce with kales. This types of salads can easlily be further upgraded into a very special meal by adding:
1) a sweet component like orange juice, passion jam or a fresh mango and
2) a hearty component like fried bacon, onions, feta or cheddar cheese, even gouda cheese
3) something nutty like roasted sunflower seeds, seame seeds or peanuts
4 tbsp extra vergin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamico vinegar – you can also mix with lemon/orange juice to taste
1 tbsp dijon mustard
(any mustard is ok – i prefer the coarse one)
1 tbsp honey
(you can also use sugar, maple syrup, jam or something similar to get the sweet twist)
Salt & Pepper
- It`s as simple as it can get. Mix up all ingredients 🙂 If you have a hand blender this gives you a smooth result. Otherwise just add all ingredients into a container with well closing lid and shake it up till emulsified.
- Voila – pour over your salad, mix and enjoy!